Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I am remiss!!! Or in a funk???

And probably a lot lazy... I am finding it hard to keep up the momentum to blog daily.


Maybe I need a challenge or something.


Anyway, I dont expect anyone to be reading since I am not regularly blogging, but here I am anyway.


Life is hectic, frustrating, and it seems like I am going in reverse most days. 


My work is a huge cluster. Our department, in fact, the entire facility is at a constant state of unrest and believe me, that is exhausting for me. I have been accused of caring too much by some, and of not caring enough by others. On one hand, I find myself trying to decide if I want to continue to work in an environment that is so messed up, not professional, with people who are unable to even tolerate the slightest bit of stress that an emergency department in a big hospital functions on without drama on a daily basis. And on the other hand, I really love my manager, and I like the small hospital atmosphere that it can provide. So I sit, and I wait, and I hope that some day things will get better. I really wish that the powers that be would understand that there are people in our hospital who are very very good, and there are many who are very very bad... 


ok enough about that. Home life is hit and miss. Dana and I work opposite shifts most of the time. His boss has an uncanny ability to predict my schedule and then make him work on his days off. If I want to do something, I usually do it alone. 


I am ready for fall, and its still summer here, 90's and higher temps and its ALMOST OCTOBER!!!! something is seriously wrong with this weather. 


One good thing thats going on, is that I started a new diet about 10 days ago. I am on the New Atkins and I really love it. I never feel hungry, no cravings and I dont feel deprived about anything. WOOT! down 8lbs so far, yay me!


I am off to read other blogs, I promise to try to blog better in the future!!







9 comments:

joanne said...

I'm still here!! Glad you posted...I understand the work situation as I worked in hospital for many years...why is it that some people have to have and cause some stress for everyone??? That is THE question. I don't have the answers as I ended up leaving due to health problems caused by all the stress. I loved the job and the patients but the co-workers were toxic.
Sorry, best wishes for that situation to improve.
I'm ready for Fall too even though we never really had summer. Only one day over 80degrees...boring. Good luck with the diet!

Debbie said...

I love when you post, but understand when you don't. Those who work and keep a home, I just don't know how y'all do all y'all do. I am home, disabled and can't seem to post like I should.

Good Luck with the diet. Haven't heard of the NEW Atkins. Where can we find it? Hubby is looking for a diet.

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

Debbie said...

I'm here too!

I hear ya. David specifically gave his team remedial training on "code pink" and made them sign it when he knew there was going to be a drill. Even TOLD them to expect it.

While he was here? They blew it and Food & Nutrition caught her on the way out with the baby. Geesh. He stays frustrated but loves the job.

I'm proud of you on the diet thing. Our October challenge at Curves is to see who loses the most weight. I think I'll pass. I seem to stay the same no matter what. Sigh.

How many days left? Cruisin Woman?

triles said...

Love the blog. I say don't worry about the frequency of posts. Quality over quantity in my book, and your posts are always interesting to read.

Nick said...

90s is Col still? Whoa. We're in the SE and it's still that hot, or at least it was until last week.
My wife's a nurse, btw, I'm sure she feels your pain.

Ness said...

I'm still around, just needed to come up for air with this crazy life of mine. Congrats on the new diet. Hope it works well for you. I love Fall and am hoping for a renewed spirit and hope in my life.

HOspitals are thankless places to work but I truly want to go back to ER work because I feel inspired to be of service. My body does not agree. Love ya!

Ness said...

I'm still around, just needed to come up for air with this crazy life of mine. Congrats on the new diet. Hope it works well for you. I love Fall and am hoping for a renewed spirit and hope in my life.

HOspitals are thankless places to work but I truly want to go back to ER work because I feel inspired to be of service. My body does not agree. Love ya!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Hang in there, my friend! I haven't been in the blog world for a while myself. I agree with my very good friend, Tim...quality over quantity! Your posts are always from the heart and that's why I love you!

(Having an awesome Halloween giveaway at my blog! Come on over!)

Ness said...

I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR SNOW. And silly me just realized that you live in the state I want to live in---Colorado! Find us a cheap cabin up there and we're there. I'm SO READY to escape! Have a phenomenal weekend!