Monday, July 19, 2010

Is anyone out there sane???

One of my friends posted on facebook, that her favorite quote of the day is" I have been crazy for years, it keeps me from going insane".. LOLOL

I am about to the point of adopting that as my mantra, especially at work. You all know that I work in an emergency room, and I think after 14 yrs of being an ER nurse, I have kind of become a bit cynical towards the human race... OMG ya think?????

Cynical would be a really kind word.

Nothing surprises me anymore. Take last week for instance, we had a patient, female in her early 20's, healthy and unemployed, who came to the ER because she wanted paperwork signed to go on disability because she had FOOT PAIN!!! Excuuuuuusssseee ME?

Foot pain? I am glad I wasnt left alone with her, because I would have been tempted to tell her that she had a good 50 years until she could even consider not having to work for a living, if she was lucky. The doctor told her in no uncertain terms NO! and discharged her on the spot.

We deal with people like this all of the time.. stay tuned in the future for my blog about the "entitlement" mindset nowadays!

On a lighter note it is HOT here, 107 yesterday, in the 100's today and no relief in sight. The temps are like Las Vegas, at least in Vegas you can gamble and take your mind off of it! LOLOL

No comments: