Monday, July 26, 2010

The Big C

I saw previews today of a new TV show coming on Showtime. It is called "The Big C", and in short, it is about a woman who is diagnosed with Cancer.

Since I havent seen the show yet, (it premiers in August) it appears that she decided to take an attitude to live every day to its fullest, even going to a restaurant and ordering "lots of desserts and liquor". I started to think, when I saw this clip, what would I do in the same situation.

I am always preaching to people to "live every day like its your last". I see people die at a very young age pretty frequently and it reminds me that we really shouldn't sweat the small stuff. But I am not sure that I follow my own advice.

Of course, I really don't know what I would do if that happened to me, and I hope I never have to make that decision, but if it came up, I think I would do just what this character is doing.

Damn the diet! Damn the frustration of my job! Damn the negative people who always try to butt into my life! I would watch the clouds, smell the flowers,soak up the sun, eat all the chocolate that I want, tell my loved ones just how much I love them, hug my dogs and I would want to go to sleep at night exhausted and at peace in my heart.

What would you do??

1 comment:

Ness said...

3's a charm! Maybe this post will stick. I don't know why your blog hates me! :-) I just love computer programs when they work. I have a lot to say on the c subject and will try and resurrect my post later. Love you.